Senior Animation Artist
Unpublished R&D Product
Posted on 12/14/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 5+ years of professional experience working in animation
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Maya
- Excellent understanding of body mechanics, acting, posing and storytelling techniques
- Understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, form, and all other animation principles
- Experience in the visual exploration of abstract concepts
- Create animation assets for highly iterative gameplay prototypes
- Recognize areas of opportunity for animation to enhance gameplay
- Meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity
- Consistently communicate with the team by giving and receiving feedback, directing next steps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Animate using in-engine animation tools
- Push and guide the animation tools in-engine for efficiency and scalability
- Review animation with Directors / Creative Lead, provide artistic and technical feedback at all stages of animation
- Provide expertise to our production partners, supervising animation of creatures, characters and objects across projects
- Find the best creative and technical solutions, in partnership with the Technical Artists, Character Artists and Concept Artists
- Provide animation that fits within the style and pacing of the given scenario
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay
- Strong pre-vis and storytelling animation skills
- Experience with choreographing full scenes
- Holistic understanding of CG pipeline
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble