Marketing Communications Strategist
Northern Europe, Paternity Cover, 6 months
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- 3+ years' experience in communication and/or PR role
- Experience in the gaming or entertainment industry
- Your craft is communication: you know how to write compelling press releases, messaging frameworks, and player-facing statements that cut through the noise
- You know what good (and bad) looks like when it comes to PR, corporate comms, and social media
- You've built strategies for publishing teams and can spot an opportunity, a story and a potential issue from miles away
- You care about our players and products - one of your driving forces is how to tell the best story in the best way
- Experience on one or more of our key markets (UKIE and/or Nordics)
- Outstanding written skills - if you're not a native English speaker you definitely write like one
- Execute and own the overall PR strategy for Northern Europe
- Partner with Manager, Marketing Communications and Brand Managers to identify and prioritise PR and internal communications needs for the highest-priority products in the market
- Alongside retained PR agencies, manage the Northern Europe 'Press Office', defining the appropriate mix of hands-on work, agency work, and collaboration with internal teams
- Collate and adapt necessary press materials, including locally relevant copy, key messages and assets
- Own relationship management of retained PR agencies, being responsible for their overall performance and impact
- Operate existing systems for routing essential player communications from Central/EMEA teams to NE teams and vice-versa
- Deliver meaningful narratives via press/media to NE players that are culturally relevant and intentionally local
- Work with Brand Managers. Manager Marketing Communication, and Social Media Manager to develop player-facing key messages, themes, and long-term narratives to engage local players
- Collaborate with NE Brand Managers to develop and execute PR campaigns for our highest-value product moments
- Develop a deep understanding of our players' preferred endemic and non-endemic PR outlets and information behaviours
- Track and report on the performance of PR activity and campaigns
- Build sustainable, trusting, cooperative relationships with Rioters inside and outside your immediate team
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble