We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can alsobeperformed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Drive forward the product roadmap as a Senior Decision Scientist embedded with our Product and Engineering teams. Specifically, bring to bear the following quantitative tools to help your product teams make better decisions:
Use descriptive statistics to measure product performance. Help the team diagnose the potential causes and solutions when those statistics move unfavorably.
Act as the end-to-end owner of hypothesis driven experimentation for your product team. Deliver rigorous analysis and clear, practical recommendations.
Conduct statistical inference to complement your team’s understanding of its products and users. Infer causality of a mechanism when you can’t test it.
- Influence your stakeholders and executives to make better product decisions. Be willing to tell uncomfortable truths.
- Become deeply familiar with our product data. Understand the limitations and caveats. Use our data to plan and complete analysis that supports product development.
- Propose analyses that your product manager and engineering team haven’t considered yet. Provoke new and deep thinking in your team. Level up their understanding of our product data.
- Build clear and compelling data visualization so that your stakeholders can analyze product health on their own.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, computer science, operations research, economics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of product analytics experience (optional: in a product/engineering/tech environment)
- Experience designing experiments, testing, and utilizing statistical principles to inform business decisions
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: theory and practice of probability and statistics, causal inference, experimental design and analysis, synthetic control, product ecosystems, Bayesian inference.
- Proficient in statistical computing and scripting languages such as Python, R, SQL
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as mathematics, computer science, operations research, economics
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,500 - $185,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and the range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, role-related knowledge and skills, depth of experience, relevant education or training, and additional role-related considerations. Depending on the position offered, equity, bonuses, commission, or other forms of compensation may also be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits.
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter’s collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice