Research Scientist Intern
Diffraction and Polarization Optics, Phd
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Redmond, WA, USA • Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in the field of optical science, liquid crystal materials, physics, materials, or related field
- Fundamental knowledge of light transmission, polarization, diffraction, and light interference in optics and displays
- Extensive hands-on experience in designing optical experiments and metrology
- Ability to collaborate across teams and to interact with groups and people across the world
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Design and implementation of experiments or models that explore novel optical materials, films, components for AR/VR display systems
- Demonstration and characterization of prototypes with internal and/or external partners
- Data analysis and correlation study on optical characterization data
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines (human factors, optics, metrology)
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results over the course of the intern project
- Final presentation for cross-functional partners on the publication-worthy results
- Intent to return to a degree-program after the completion of the internship
- Experience in designing/modeling of liquid crystal films and optical devices
- Understanding AR/VR lens and display optics
- Experience with optical films and coatings and their manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated relevant industry experience via an internship or work experience
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at international peer-reviewed publications or conferences
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.