Detection and Response Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
- 2+ years of Detection and Response (Detection Engineering, Digital Forensics, Incident Response, and/or Threat Intelligence)
- Strong communicator with both words and data - you have experience communicating to a wide variety of stakeholders under varying conditions
- Experience as an incident responder responsible for leading multi-team incidents
- Technical innovation skills (you enjoy finding technical solutions, learning new technology, evangelizing security and privacy)
- Ability to move forward major projects in ambiguous situations through influence and not authority
- Practical experience with attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Comfortable with complexity in the short term but can build towards simplicity in the long term
- Experience with cloud environments and automation
- Relevant development experience in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Plus: Contributions to the security community via talks, papers, blogs, projects, CVEs, etc
- Investigating security events across the organization using your experience and knowledge in multiple security domains (log analysis, digital forensics, or malware analysis)
- Creating, deploying and maintaining high signal threat detections based on your understanding of threat actor TTPs
- Architecting a highly scalable incident response process by developing, applying and refining automation for steps of the Incident Response life cycle
- Coordinating multi-functional incident response during security incidents, assisting partner teams during non-security incidents
- Researching new detection mechanisms for attack vectors and techniques relevant to our space and presenting findings to both internal and external audiences
- Evaluating external tooling, developing new automation and tooling
- Helping to rapidly scale our team. As a member of the security team, you'll be an integral part of how we mature our own tooling, best practices, engineering processes, and hiring
- ZONE 1: 141,100 to 190,900
- ZONE 2: 131,223 to 177,537
- ZONE 3: 126,990 to 171,810
Cloud platform for life science R&D
Benchling's mission is to accelerate life science for the benefit of humanity. The company is building a modern R&D software for biotechnology research.
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Remote working stipend
- Yearly company-wide retreat
- Monthly gym and wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision
- Weekly company social events
- Flexible PTO and company-wide winter holiday shutdown
Company Core Values
- Build a Lever - We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations.
- Empower through Information - We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on Tenacity - Dreaming big isn’t enough. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination to our work.
- Raise the Bar - We’re dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.