Onehouse delivers a new bedrock for your data, through a cloud-native managed lakehouse service built on an open, interoperable, industry-proven technology. Founded by a former Uber data architect and the creator of Apache Hudi, Onehouse accelerates the inevitable transition of the data lake into a lakehouse, unlocking incremental processing to replace old-school batch processing on the lake. Onehouse makes it possible to blend the ease of use of a warehouse with the scale of a data lake into a fully managed product. Engineers can build data lakes in minutes, process data in seconds, and own data in open source formats instead of being locked away to individual vendors.
As the first Solutions Architect for Onehouse, you will be an integral part of the founding leadership team. We are looking for a candidate with deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure on AWS, Azure, or GCP. You will leverage your hands-on experience designing large-scale data architectures to help customers unlock massive cost savings and adopt a fully-managed Lakehouse. While we experience unprecedented growth, we are looking for a natural leader who wants to grow with us and build a team of SAs as we quickly expand our community and product reach.
- Engage with customers in early stages of use case discovery, requirement gathering, technical evaluations, and TCO calculations.
- Lead proof of concept testing hands-on with the customer.
- Prepare strategic and iterative architecture proposals to show the customer how to easily onboard and modernize their data infrastructure for massive cost savings and performance gains.
- Help customize deployments to meet the customers security, networking, and access control requirements.
- Ensure that the customer designs future proof architectures that follow design best practices.
- Lean in to post-sale engagements to help customers accelerate their workloads to more use cases.
- Influence the larger data community with blogs, conference talks, trainings, and more.
- Partner with PM and Eng to set the roadmap and vision for the Onehouse product.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with customers on technical engagements.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud Networking, Identity, and Security best practices.
- Working knowledge of a few modern data tools and frameworks like Apache Spark, Kafka, Flink, Presto/Trino, Hive, DBT, Airflow, Parquet, Avro, ORC.
- Familiarity with some cloud data services like EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue, Dataproc, BigQuery, Databricks, HDInsight, Synapse.
- Experience building, operating, or troubleshooting data engineering pipelines.
- Comfortable working independently to own and drive large programs and initiatives.
- Excellent speaking skills with natural ability to quickly build relationships.
- Excellent written communication that you can modulate between technical engineers and C-Level executives.
- Experience with a Lakehouse technology including Apache Hudi or Delta Lake.
- Experience building or leading an SA team of your own.
Who We Are
At Onehouse, our mission is to aid companies of all sizes in supercharging their data engineering/data science, by automating painful data infrastructure buildout. We are a team of self-driven, inspired, and seasoned builders that have created large-scale data systems, as well as globally distributed platforms that sit at the heart of some of the most well known companies out there including Uber, Linkedin, Confluent, Microsoft. We are set out on an ambitious goal to build the world’s best fully managed and self-optimizing data lake platform. We are very well funded and backed by some of the top-tier VCs in Silicon Valley, and as well as numerous well-known angel investors from top Silicon Valley companies.
Why join us
Fun team, challenging problems! One day, we will be managing the largest database in existence!
Contribute directly to open source, including an exciting and growing data project - Apache Hudi
Create instant impact by contributing to Hudi, which is already in use by numerous large enterprises globally
Experienced team with numerous staff level engineers, to learn and grow with.
Early opportunity on a very happening space, everybody agrees the next few years will reshape the data landscape
Founding team is the creator of a large, fast-growing technology category - transactional data lakes
We are growing fast and looking for rising talent who can grow with us to become future leaders of the team. Come help build this unicorn-to-be!