Mechanical Engineering Manager
Posted on 12/13/2022
Cambridge, MA, USA
- An expert mechanical engineer with strong domain knowledge and skills
- Taken electro-mechanical products through the product life cycle from concept to production
- Able to communicate fluidly across technical domains
- Developed complex technologies from early stages through production
- Previous experience managing a team of engineers
- Ready to lead in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Be an effective people manager who provides technical guidance, evaluation, and facilitates career growth
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate work phases to hit schedules and make the engineering team efficient
- Hire and build the mechanical engineering functional group at Formlabs
- Responsible for delivering quality mechanical engineering work to many products
- Interface with other functional leaders for product development
- Determine project resource requirements, including schedule, staffing, budget, workspace, etc
- Influence product strategy
Advanced 3D printing systems
Formlabs is reinventing 3D printing by expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
Company Core Values
- Autonomy: We leave space for people to do their best, and take initiative to chart their own career course.
- Cutting Edge: We’re building things that haven’t been built before, so we can push the edge of what’s possible.
- Results: We dream big, but our focus on getting things done is what drives us forward.
- Curiosity: We are always asking why to push ideas and actions beyond the status quo.