Principal Solution Architect
Posted on 7/6/2022
Calgary, AB, Canada
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- 10+ years experience as an application/data/solution/enterprise architect
- 5+ years of experience from the Manufacturing industry
- Bachelor's degree is required; Masters degree a plus
- Consulting experience that allows you to confidently negotiate requirements with customers and colleagues
- Have experience with enterprise integration, customer relationships or IT integration design
- Data and analytics project experience and able to confidently lead an implementation
- Broad technical experience with data and analytics stacks
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and enterprise analytics stacks (Power BI or similar)
- Familiarity with SQL and big data tooling (E.g apache spark ecosystem)
- Experience with a public cloud, preferably Google or Azure, including familiarity with network security concepts, identity providers and application hosting
- Experience with operations, including support and change control, as well as experience architecting centralized monitoring, logging and reporting
- Have a DevOps mindset, and experience with Git, CI/CD, deployment environments
- Technical background, willing and able to dive in and contribute code for advanced topics when needed
- Have architectural skills dealing with data modeling and infrastructure solutions, such as classical data warehousing and big data architectures
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and humility to learn from mistakes
- Work alongside a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on velocity, openness, togetherness, impact, and curiosity
- As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will be an expert in how we implement our Cognite SaaS offerings and applications.. Your primary responsibility will be to work with project teams to map requirements for a quality implementation ensuring that:
- The right data visualization technology is used in the right way (E.g Power BI, Grafana, Plotly Dash)
- The right data transformation technology is used in the right way (E.g Databricks, Azure, GCP, AWS)
- The data is efficiently modeled and contextualized in Cognite Data Fusion (E.g graph and relational)
- Integrations are well thought out and robust
- Important quality criteria for the solution are met (E.g. CI/CD, logging, security)
- Operational responsibility and support agreements for the delivered solution are clearly defined
- Design overall technical solution and ensure technical fit within the customer ecosystem and target architecture
- Design integration and data model using Cognite data connectors, SQL, Python/Java and Rest APIs
- Credible advisor to our customers and partners on Cognite Data Fusion
Cognite Data Fusion contextually enriches IT and OT data.
Cognite is on a mission to power a high-tech, sustainable, and profitable industrial future.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
Company Core Values
- Velocity - We move fast and try new things, and we don't stop moving forward. Execution is everything.
- Openness - Data must be open to create value. We share as much as possible with our customers and partners alike.
- Impact - Go big or go home. We fundamentally change the industrial world and make it more sustainable.
- Togetherness - We innovate through building on our ideas and strengths. This means supporting and challenging one another.
- Curiosity - We love learning. We're courageous and we love finding better answers. We're willing to challenge each other on the way.