At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As the Sr. Reliability/Test Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Quality Team. You would help shape and influence our overall product qualification and product integrity strategy globally.
As a Reliability / Test Engineer, you will identify high risk failure modes early in the product life cycle, and collaborate with crossfunctional partners to reduce the risk. You will develop new tests based on the physics of failure and expected user behaviors, and deliver test equipment and specifications that are critical to validate the product reliability, and work with suppliers / external partners to support the reliability requirements. Finally, you will collaborate on failure analysis, providing direction based on your evaluation of the test data.This position is an individual contributor position.
Base Salary: $90-$115k
This range represents anticipated base salary range for this position, in addition to competitive benefits and equity (as applicable). We carefully assess and consider several factors with each candidate, including location, role-related knowledge, experience and skills. Compensation may vary based on these considerations.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Completes risk analysis studies of new design and processes.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Generate acceptance and qualification test procedures, data sheets, and process travelers based on test plan for all product
- Perform qualification, design verification, and/or other validation testing as required.
- Design, validate, and document any necessary fixturing.
- Compile and analyze test data as needed.
- Perform root cause / corrective action analysis on WIP or field failures as necessary.
- Collaborate with Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to generate and validate all tools required by manufacturing to realize the product specifications. These may include drawings, process travelers, bills of materials, schematics, test procedures, acceptance test limits, process specifications, production aids, etc.
- Perform FEA on critical mechanical components and assemblies.
- Review and thoroughly understand product function and design specifications.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Assist with training other team members as necessary and requested.
- Primary lead for researching, selecting, and implementing new technologies for ensuring product integrity
- 6+ years in Engineering or Quality related functions preferably with medical devices or personal care products
- Proven experience in developing reliability protocols and performing reliability testing of electromechanical devices.
- Working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as DFMEA
- Experience working with and reporting on large data sets.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Attention to detail
- Effective at conflict resolution and problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in hardware design and ability to read board schematics and drawings.
- Operate effectively in a team environment while contributing to the team’s success.
- You’ll be working in a high energy, fast paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- Flexible hybrid schedule - mix of in-office and remote working options
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- 401k benefits
- Employee Bonus Referral Program
- Extended Education Assistance Program
- Dog friendly office space
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
quip is a modern oral health company launched in 2015 that provides thoughtfully designed personal oral care products and professional dental care services through a digital platform that makes oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current personal care offerings include a wide selection of American Dental Association accepted (ADA seal) adult and kid electric toothbrushes, smart brushes, refillable floss pick and string, refillable mouthwash and gum, all kept fresh with a refill delivery service. quip’s professional platform, which is behind quip Aligners and quipcare, is part of the company’s future vision to connect personal care, oral health monitoring and professional care in one digital oral care companion app that helps access and manage all your oral care needs and guide and incentivize good oral health habits.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.