Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You’ll Do
In this position you will support organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, structure, and culture with business strategies. To achieve this you will apply leading HR practices with a deep understanding of our business, our culture, and our short and long-term goals.
In this role you will be influencing executives and partnering with them through their people decisions.
Location: This is a Hybrid role, working onsite at our San Jose headquarters at least 3 days per week with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
Job ID: 41418
Reports to: Sr. Director, HR Business Partner Organization
- Provide day-to-day consulting to leadership in a variety of areas including employee relations, policy interpretation and application, communications, employee engagement, resource management, talent management and development, and organizational design
- Build performance management capabilities by coaching leaders to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective feedback to foster employee development
- Coordinate closely with HR Centers of Excellence (COE) and headquarters to deliver HR programs to the business including engagement survey, performance management and annual rewards, talent management, workforce planning, and leadership development
- Identify emerging human capital challenges within the business and partner with the HR COE to implement effective and creative solutions
- Provide voice of the customer feedback to the HR COE regarding employee needs, and implementation requirements
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR COEs to develop people strategy, programs, and policies
- Lead change management efforts to foster the effective adoption of evolving organization strategies, processes, and programs
- Connect with all levels of employees to improve work environments and provide feedback to leadership
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, Business/Human Resources preferred
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certifications a plus
- Minimum 5+ years human resources experience in fast-paced global environments
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resources disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
- Takes the initiative with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and a continuous improvement mindset
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization, exhibit strong leadership and influencing skills, and execute, implement, and lead change management initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong diagnostic and consultative skills
- Innovative problem solver able to quickly assess a situation and provide multiple solutions
- Comfortable working both tactically and strategically to get business needs met
- Able to develop and articulate the value proposition of a new process or program to employees at senior and execute levels
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Workday experience a plus
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The pay range for roles at this level across all US locations and job function is displayed below. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well
Base Pay Range
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse benefits package centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.