Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Five or more years of experience in sports journalism, and/or a newsroom preferred
- Deep knowledge of American soccer
- An existing network of sources
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- This is a full-time, remote position that will require occasional travel
- Reporting and writing multiple stories per week about American soccer
- Collaborating with other soccer writers in the U.S. and abroad to break news and contextualize big stories
- File clean copy and meet deadlines
- Take on assignments from editors and generate your own story ideas
The Athletic Media Company's mission is to produce coverage for die-hard fans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Free Subscription
- Competitive Health Care
- HSA & FSA
- Commuter Benefits
Company Core Values
- Move forward fearlessly. We are a company that is redefining the way fans get access to sports content. We've never been afraid to push the envelope and will continue to build a better experience on behalf of our team and our readers.
- Never settle. No shortcuts. We are relentless in our pursuit of the most in-depth, substantive sports coverage. Our model allows us to create and publish content on our own terms. We employ an unrivaled team of editors and writers who put in the hard work.
- Be authentic. Credibility and a unique approach to storytelling are at the core of everything we publish. Covering the best stories with integrity, our writers are encouraged to build their own brand and act as leading sources of truth.
- Build community. We are at our best when we empower all perspectives and hold each other accountable. We foster a unique community unlike any other, where sports fans and writers can come together to share ideas, display their passions, and engage in meaningful debate.