AI/ML Product Manager
Posted on 9/12/2023
Tailored, affordable insurance for self-employed businesses.
Next Insurance is a company that is highly dedicated to the self-employed, offering tailored, affordable, and simple insurance solutions that cater to the evolving needs of business owners. Their competitive advantage lies in their comprehensive range of seven different insurance policies, allowing businesses to design coverage that fits their unique needs, from general liability to commercial auto insurance. With a culture that encourages smart risk-taking and growth, Next Insurance not only provides essential protection for businesses but also supports them in their journey to success.
Palo Alto, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↓ -1%
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3+ years of full-lifecycle product management experience, including managing data and machine learning driven software products from kick-off to ship.
- Strong background in fintech, insurtech, or a similar industry, with a demonstrated ability to learn complex industry details.
- Experience leading products that require coordination of many stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with a passion for customer-focused product development.
- Experience using data and ML tooling (ex: python, SQL, etc.)
- Generate an innovative direction for AI/ML-driven underwriting capabilities at NEXT. Work closely with the ML team, engineering team and with other stakeholders across NEXT to develop a roadmap and solve the key pain points we face in knowing our customers and providing the right product at the right price. Develop a clear vision of what your product should be in 12-18 months from now and communicate and deliver on the steps to get there.
- Be accountable for your product’s success. Push cross-functional peers to take action when you identify a need. Propose OKRs for your product area, become deeply familiar with the KPIs and secondary metrics of your product, and identify trends before anyone else.
- Design metrics and experiments that help our team think in new ways and drive results towards NEXT’s goals. Coach others in using data and research and be comfortable discussing results with leadership.
- Operate in a lean, agile and scrappy way. Gather your own data and research. Build prototypes that help others see your vision for what is possible.