Propulsion Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Newport Beach, CA, USA
- 5+ years of simulation / performance analysis experience in a professional role
- Experience with Gamma Technologies GT Power for combustion engine and turbomachinery development
- Candidate should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines
- Experience in an immersive technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) experience with sound knowledge of engine modeling & simulation
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Develop performance models of engines used in both vehicle performance modeling and in component design. This includes generating run-able cycle decks for turbine and piston engine
- Participate in technology trade studies and tool selection. Gather and define mission-level requirements then generate derived requirements to architect the system plan
- Building and exercising 0D/1D models to analyze and optimize engine and power system performance (including the generator side of hybrid power systems)
- Create test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop
- Analyze test data captured from control systems, subsystems, and other test instrumentation to verify vehicle performance, evaluate engine performance and controller behavior, or debug incidents
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering; Master's degree is a plus
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.