Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- At least five years of experience in a solid DevOps/SRE skill set. That means you are hands-on with Linux, comfortable setting kernel tunable parameters and shell scripting, know three ways to find a file, check the utilization of system I/O, measure network throughput, and are comfortable navigating large log files
- Solid Infrastructure automation experience, Worked with Terraform and at least one orchestration framework (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, Saltstack, etc.)
- Experience with JunOS, routing protocols (BGP), and IPSec. Functional knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Solid experience with Layer 2 networks, VXLAN, VPN peering, and IPv6
- Strong cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with at least one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, including storage, database, instance, and network security concepts
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex distributed systemsproduction software
- Engineer and maintain automation platforms in support of infrastructure systems in our Data Center and across cloud providers
- Build robust and highly scalable computing and network infrastructure
- Design systems for peak reliability, scalability, and performance
- Demonstrated success implementing a resilient, secure, supportable, and highly available system
- Debug Live Site events and conduct follow-up post-mortem and root cause analysis
- Willing to travel to our US Data Center environment - Travel required minimal
- Participate in an SLA-driven on-call rotation, including after-hours, overnight, weekend, and rotating holiday participation
- Familiar with industry storage appliances, Ceph storage for even more points
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with one or more container runtimes (e.g. docker, LXC, LKD)
- Familiar with GIT and you have at least one favorite programming language, more points if it's Python or GoLang
- Familiar with Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Familiar with JunOS and Clos architecture
- Familiar with system monitoring and alerting technology stacks, i.e. Prometheus and Grafana
Databases for analytics and cloud applications
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation.
- Comprehensive Insurance - Customize a benefits plan that include health, dental and vision that best fits you and your family.
- Vacation - Flexible time off, sick and parental leave programs, plus company holidays.
- Company Stock Grants - As a privately held company, we strive to give meaningful stock grants through our equity program.
- Wellness Programs - Fitness subsidy, Modern Health App Subscription, Team Happy Hours and events.
- Personalized Workstation - Home Workstation. We provide the laptop, you design your home office any way you want it with a $500 equipment stipend.
- Career Development - Matching Charitable Donations. Corporate donation matching to charitable organizations with 1-week of paid volunteer time off.
- Contribute from Anywhere - Work remotely if it makes sense for you, your position, your team, and the company.
- And more... Commuter benefits, monthly cell phone and internet stipend, 401k, food perks, Fertility & Family Formation reimbursement, FSA and team events and company offsites.
Company Core Values
- Customers First - Understand our customers, help them succeed, and be easy to do business with.
- Performance Driven - Set bold objectives, have measurable results, demand accountability, and be part of the solution.
- Innovation Forward - Achieve greatness through simplicity, quality, and intelligence.
- Open & Honest Communication - Communicate transparently, effectively, and with integrity.