Updated on 11/29/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- M.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience in the fields of System Safety or Systems Engineering
- Ability to write clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition aligned to standards such as ISO/PAS 21448 and ISO 26262
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Define and manage functional safety requirements for various vehicle systems, according to industry standards and best practices, which satisfy product and performance requirements, and achieve system safety targets
- Develop and peer review quantitative and qualitative functional safety analyses including HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs. Work with other teams to input against and review FMEDAs
- Develop functional safety and technical safety concepts for motion and non-motion systems (e.g. body control, power control, sensor cleaning and active suspension)
- Collaborate with internal hardware/software engineers and/or 3rd party suppliers to ensure system requirements and desired functionality is achieved. Develop and refine internal and external DIA's. Work with internal and external stakeholders to refine and/or negotiate on requirements to achieve a viable solution
- Assist other teams with the implementation of systems engineering processes, which can also include cross-functional reviews of requirements and safety analyses
- Provide technical guidance on process and product solutions to other team members
- Certification against ISO 26262
- Experience with a requirements management tool
- Experience on at least one project across its full development cycle
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.