Senior Network Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Centreville, VA, USA
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- MS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant or BS and 15+ years of experience, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with Juniper SRX firewall and HA clusterd
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus equipment
- Experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs; knowledge and/or experience with policy-based routing
- VMWare experience; demonstrated understanding of IPv4 networks
- Experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing protocols BGP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring VTI and IPSEC Tunnels
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, Solarwinds, etc
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with engineering/architecting secured enterprise telecommunication solutions
- Experience providing detailed engineering and technical leadership to engineering staff involving multiple, complex and interrelated project tasks
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Utilizing of various data sources to fully understand the issues and inform the solution, possess strong skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage unique inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and provide solutions requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- CCNA Cert
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- JNCIA or JNCIP certification is desired
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 6000/5000/2000 series hardware
- Experience with Juniper SRX series hardware
- Experience supporting high performance computing environments
- Experience with IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.