Posted on 3/8/2022
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Have a deep understanding of developer's needs, through either your own experience writing code or working closely with others who write code
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow-and have them help you learn and grow
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
- Have 4 •years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Design industry-leading documentation, integrating videos, interactive learning experiences and demos
- Build personalization into developer tools to meet the needs, skill level, and constraints of all developers
- Help design Stripe's API itself
- Explore new ways of offering developer tools to low-code or no-code builders
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Focus on what you do best - whether that's sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code-and you'll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you're looking to develop
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and project teams
- Partner closely with our user research team and support ongoing research projects
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious