Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Define the Operation Design Domain (ODD) for the L4 autonomous trucks .
- Conduct the user interviews and experimentation to understand the existing operating conditions and procedures of autonomous trucks.
- Conduct exposure analysis, pattern and descriptive analysis of the autonomous truck industry to support the Operation Design Domain (ODD) investigation.
- Develop product requirements for the autonomous system. Take ownership and make decisions on the requirement formulation and design of autonomous driving behaviors.
- Interface closely with the engineering and testing teams on the product requirements to facilitate the development and testing of the autonomous system.
- Develop the passing criteria based on the product requirements for simulation and testing teams.
- Conduct interviews with ecosystem partners to align on the goals and expectations of the autonomous truck’s functions and behaviors.
- Be active in helping and collaborating with system engineering teams on developing different level’s requirements for different parts of the stack.
- Build the requirements management process together with the engineering teams, simulation team, and testing teams.
- Conduct research on the autonomous vehicle industry and other similar safety system industries to stay on top of trends, protocols and safety requirements.
- Master’s in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Product Management or Product Analyst career track.
- Must have data analysis, statistical skills and related experience.
- Experience in autonomous driving related fields is highly preferred.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $149,000 - $255,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.