Staff Platform Engineer
Posted on 8/25/2022
Remote in USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience (5+ years of solid development background with Go, Python, or Java; 3+ years Experience designing and operating large scale, multi-region service platforms)
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS and GCP
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience with real-time telemetry and tracing tools like Jaeger and Prometheus
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation and ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Have excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Deploy and maintain Ripple's multi-region, multi-provider service platforms (with an emphasis on security and resiliency)
- Develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Create solutions for unique technical challenges faced by Ripple involving PKI, secret management, geographic failover, data replication, availability, and platform resiliency
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Participate in the leadership of DevOps and GitOps principles within the organization
Ripple's mission is to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain technology.
- 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare Coverage
- Health and Wellness
- Family Support
- Flexible Vacation
- Employee Giving
- Learning and Development
- Live it: We are passionate. Attitude fuels our entrepreneurial spirit.
- Enjoy it: We have fun. There’s no roadmap for where we’re going and we enjoy the journey.
- We deliver: We seek out the next problem, drive forward with purpose and give our all down to the very last detail.
- Go for it: We are bold. We dream big, embrace risk and learn from our mistakes.
- Own it: We are accountable together. There’s no such thing as someone else’s problem.
- Say it: We are transparent. We are direct, open and embrace tough conversations.