Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on 4/14/2022
New York, NY, USA
- You have experience building SaaS products, e-commerce or similar online platforms
- You are excited about new technologies, are able to judge the maturity of the latest innovations, and find practical use for them
- You constantly work to get better at your craft
- You find excitement in learning new business models and transferring such knowledge into beautiful software design
- You like collaborating with multiple stakeholders within and outside the Engineering Team towards a common goal
- You make decisions based on data and evidence
- You enjoy iterative, agile development process with frequent releases
- You take great pleasure in writing quality, highly maintainable code
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others
- Learn our business model and how it translates to platform architecture and features. We work closely with the product and it influences how we think about the code
- Master our development patterns and collaborative processes. We work together to make work efficient
- Read (and write) internal documentation and test your features and systems. We take responsibility for communication and quality
- Grasp the basics of the platform architecture. Developers share responsibility for our always available APIs
- Squash a bug or two from your squad's backlog or ship a small feature to production
- Build within reliable estimates. We know this takes time, and we strive to be accurate with each other
- Feel comfortable as an expert on your team, teaching others and continuing to learn. We want to learn as much as we teach
- Be an essential part of growing our team by fully participating in the hiring interview process. We share the responsibility to grow our team
- Have made at least one major cultural or process shift that improves the productivity of your squad
- Join your squad in end-to-end ownership of a system or component and look for ways to improve and extend it
Online food ordering systems for restaurants
Chownow's mission is to help local restaurants thrive. Their products help restaurants get online quickly and easily so they can maintain direct relationships with their customers. As the world evolves and new technology platforms emerge, they will be there to help restaurant clients stay up to speed online.
- Comprehensive health plans
- Remote office stipend
- Mental health coverage
- Parental & family leave
- Student loan assistance
- Employee stock incentive plan
- 401(k) savings plan
- Pet insurance
- Fitness stipend
- Restaurants Come First - Local restaurants are the reason we come to work every day. This passion drives our ethos, forms the foundation of our business, and informs every decision we make.
- Celebrate Diversity - Inclusivity and diversity matter. We’re committed to progress, which means every single employee gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are.
- Raise a Hand - We encourage everyone to present solutions, collaborate, and lead by example. Here, you’re empowered to take initiative, no matter your role. Speak up—we’re listening.
- Keep Reaching - We want to help you succeed—it’s that simple. We offer comprehensive support for career development, so let’s set our goals and grow together.