Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our printers sit in the middle of an ecosystem of software, mechanical, optical, and electrical components. Ensuring printer success requires deep technical knowledge of mechatronics as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field.
This role involves contributing to all parts of the selective laser sintering program’s development cycle from early R&D to continuing engineering for shipped products. You will collaborate closely with software, mechanical, optical and electrical and design teams to solve cross disciplinary problems and ensure that we ship quality products. If you’re eager to contribute to challenging projects and work with talented engineers to support the full range of Formlabs products, we want you to join our team as a Mechatronics Engineer.
- Design and implement sensor systems, the respective calibration procedures and supporting test hardware.
- Develop and evaluate control algorithms.
- Bring prototypes up and assist in keeping them running, with a particular focus on issues that arise from interactions between software and hardware.
- Develop and monitor metrics for measuring product performance in the field.
- Have previous experience designing complex electro-mechanical systems or robotic systems.
- Experience leading complicated, cross-disciplinary engineering projects
- Knowledge of motion control, sensors, and control algorithms.
- Experience managing system and subsystem requirements.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Proficiency in software development (preferably in Python or C++)
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.