Project Manager - Partner Revenue Technology
Posted on 4/29/2022
New York, NY, USA
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in project management running cross-functional software implementation and development projects
- You are capable of applying a wide variety of project management disciplines to any project and have access to a PM toolkit and the flexibility to determine what tool applies to any situation
- You exhibit excellent communication skills and can relay strategies, goals, and project status to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- You have demonstrated experience working in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- You are organized, structured, and exhibit meticulous attention to detail
- You have demonstrable success managing diverse teams and delivering projects
- You can partner with cross-functional leads and vendors to establish positive team habits that consist of both on-site and remote team members
- You facilitate inclusive meetings and surface ideas or issues from team members and stakeholders
- You're passionate about the mission of The New York Times and show a commitment to being part of our innovation and growth
- Act as the project manager for new system implementations or major upgrades to existing systems
- Work with our vendor partners to define statements of work and implementation plans, track progress, raise and escalate issues related to the projects, and define a cadence of communication with the vendor project team
- Work with the project managers on the vendor side to develop an overall plan for the project lifecycle including, requirements gathering, development, unit and user acceptance testing, training, and cutover planning
- Identify the resources needed for the project and define the time commitments required from stakeholders, end-users, and technical teams
- Help define change management processes and communication plans
- Regularly provide written and verbal updates to all senior stakeholders. Track and communicate project status, and risks that jeopardize the successful completion of a project
- Responsible for the full lifecycle delivery of concurrent projects; motivate and maintain momentum as you drive projects to successful, on-time completion
- Experience as a member of a team for a large software implementation project in various roles such as a tester or analyst
- PMP and or Agile Scrum Master, or Product Owner certifications
The New York Times' mission is to seek the truth and help people understand the world.
- Independence: Over a hundred years ago, The Times pledged “to give the news impartially, without fear or favor, regardless of party, sect, or interests involved.”
- Integrity: The trust of our readers is essential. We renew that trust every day through the actions and judgment of all our employees — in our journalism, in our workplace and in public.
- Curiosity: Open-minded inquiry is at the heart of our mission. In all our work, we believe in continually asking questions, seeking out different perspectives and searching for better ways of doing things.
- Respect: We help a global audience understand a vast and diverse world. To do that fully and fairly, we treat our subjects, our readers and each other with empathy and respect.
- Collaboration: It takes creativity and expertise from people in every part of the company to fulfill our mission. We are at our best when we work together and support each other.
- Excellence: We aim to set the standard in everything we do. The pursuit of excellence takes different forms, but in every context, we strive to deliver the very best.