6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 13%
2 year growth↑ 44%
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of industry experience developing high-performance web applications in C#/.Net
- Experience with Golang, Java, or similar strongly typed programming language
- Proficiency in relational databases and performance tuning
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience in Agile DevOps/CICD
- Excellent communication skills
- Serve as the technical lead and hands-on developer for a core piece of the platform product
- Collaborate with engineering managers, lead engineers, product managers, and designers to understand user needs and architect technical solutions
- Build infrastructure to handle millions of transactions and secure sensitive health data
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Mentor less experienced peers and display leadership
- Manage technical debt, ensure code quality, and participate in code reviews
- Promote collaboration and best practices such as simplicity, automation, good design patterns, code coverage, and reusability
- Own and maintain existing application platforms as part of the team and look for opportunities to improve
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB
- Familiarity with Redis, ElasticSearch, Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience migrating monolithic architecture to microservices
- Knowledge of message queuing systems and API
- Experience as a full stack engineer and knowledge of Front End languages such as React, Vue
RxSense is a high-growth healthtech company empowering clients and consumers with technology to access lower cost prescription drugs. Its transformative cloud-based enterprise platform enables clients to take control of their pharmacy benefits with fast, flexible and customizable solutions and real time data insights to improve operational and financial performance -- and ultimately deliver better care to patients nationwide. RxSense also owns and operates SingleCare, a free prescription savings service that offers consumers access to consistently low prices on prescription drugs. Through its partnerships with the country’s largest pharmacies and grocers, including CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Kroger and Albertsons, SingleCare improves access and adherence to more affordable medications and has helped millions of Americans collectively save over $8 billion on their medications.
RxSense is a great place to work! Our company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Top Startup Employers, Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare, and Inc’s Best in Business and Best Workplaces.
The Principal Software Engineer will serve as the technical lead, hands-on developer and an individual contributor with an architectural and technical design mindset for a core piece of our platform product. This position will be part of a cross-functional, largely autonomous product engineering team, collaborating with other engineers, designers and the product managers to scale our cloud-based web platform. The individual in this position will be required to guide and mentor other less experienced engineers on both their team and across our company. Accountable for the design, architecture, quality, and measurability of the systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, conceive, and deliver without supervision, with complete latitude for independent
- Partner with engineering managers, lead engineers, product managers and designers to deeply understand the needs of our users to architect and leverage most effective technical solution to build a product that serves those needs.
- Build infrastructure to handle millions of transactions and secure, sensitive health
- Design and architect software capable of reaching millions of
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested
- Ensure our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams.
- Articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision.
- Mentor less experienced peers and display leadership as and when
- Take product operational responsibility set measurable goals, and meet
- Manage technical debt, ensure code quality and participate in code
- Promote collaboration and best practices such as simplicity, automation, good design patterns, code coverage and reusability.
- Own and maintain existing application platforms as part of the team, and look opportunities to improve
Experience and Education:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or D.) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent technical experience.
- 10+ years of work-related industry experience developing high-performance web applications in C#/.Net
- Experience with an equivalent, popular, strongly typed programming language like Golang, Java is plus Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
- Experience writing RESTful microservices with a popular web
- Proficiency with relational databases (like MySQL or SQL Server) and performance tuning
- Extensive knowledge of your development stack; for example with C#, have a comprehensive understanding of the .NET, .NET Core, MVC, WebAPI, IIS etc.
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Consistent track record of developing, shipping, and maintaining large-scale web applications with a user
- A comprehensive understanding of complex backend architectures and their core pieces, such as service models, protocols, reliability, deployment, and capacity
- Experience working with AWS offerings such as EC2, ALBs, RDS, Beanstalk, API Gateway or with a different cloud provider and similar services.
- Demonstrated experience to understand the tradeoffs to technical design decisions, risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting application issues in a timely
- Experience working in Agile DevOps/CICD
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and
Nice to haves:
- Experience and familiarity with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB,
- Experience with specific technologies such as Redis, ElasticSearch, Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience migrating monolithic architecture to micro services
- Good working knowledge of message queuing systems and API
- Experience as a full stack engineer and knowledge of Front End languages such as React, Vue,
Salary Range: $150,000 - $186,000
RxSense believes that a diverse workforce is a more talented and productive workforce. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our recruitment process is free from discriminatory hiring practices and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Neither will qualified applicants be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We believe in the strength of the collaboration, creativity and sense of community a diverse workforce brings.