Project Engineer/ Assistant Project Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Comprehensive construction, real estate, and business management services.
Procon Consulting, with over two decades of experience, has established itself as a leader in the construction and real estate project management industry, offering comprehensive services in design and construction management, space management and planning, real estate portfolio services, and business and technology services. The company's competitive advantage lies in its ability to act as the owner’s representative, ensuring projects stay on schedule, within budget, and meet customer requirements. Notably, Procon's collaboration with partners like the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in groundbreaking projects, such as the John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, showcases its commitment to technical advancement and industry leadership.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 11%
Orlando, FL, USA
Business & Strategy
- Experience on mid-size to large construction projects
- Excellent communication skills
- BA or BS degree in a construction, architecture, or engineering related field
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages
- Experience reviewing project financials
- Experience coordinating with architects and engineers
- Familiarity with project management principles
- Ability to analyze project-related information
- Excellent time management skills
- Project Management/Administration
- Review and evaluation of project documentation
- Establish and maintain communication with stakeholders
- Attend site meetings
- Monitor and report task activities
- Comply and coordinate task deliverables
- Assist in preparing final reports and presentation documentation
- Provide technical support in all phases of subcontract formation
- Provide remote administrative support for various projects nationwide
Procon Consulting is seeking a Project Engineer / Assistant Project Manager for a long term opportunity based in the Orlando, FL / Space Coast area on various projects, both in Florida and nationwide. The candidate will have responsibilities that include but are not limited to; construction, design/build, architecture and engineering, space management, facilities management, real estate, and leasing of complex construction projects. This role requires experience in supporting construction management teams on projects for construction, mechanical systems, interior renovations, upgrades or new fit-outs. This role requires reporting to Procon’s office located in Cocoa, FL to work one-on-one with a mentor, as well as client site visits in the Orlando / Space Coast area. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and requirements:
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience on mid-size to large construction projects, Federal projects is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with field and office personnel.
- BA or BS degree in a construction, architecture, or engineering related field.
- Experience, or familiarity, with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages to include but not limited to latest versions of Microsoft Project, Primavera, AutoCADD, Revit, Kahua, etc.
- Experience reviewing project financials; including change orders and modifications.
- Experience coordinating with architects and engineers to create and review design and construction documents.
- Experience reviewing design document submittals, reviewing cost and schedule estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information.
- Familiarity with project management principles and how to implement Project Management principles.
- Ability to analyze all relevant project-related information and communicate project status and major issues in writing or verbally.
- Excellent time management skills; with an emphasis on managing tasks on multiple projects at once.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Project Management/ Administration.
- Review and evaluation of available project documentation in addition to establishing and maintaining communication with stakeholders.
- Answer any questions regarding the progress on assigned tasks.
- Attend site meetings to ensure proper understanding of work packages and deliverables; create and distribute meeting minutes.
- Monitor and report task activities and provide support to other staff in the completion of their work.
- Comply and coordinate task deliverables among sub-consultants/contractors.
- Assist in preparing final reports and presentation documentation for stakeholders.
- Provide technical support in all phases of subcontract formation, project execution, testing/inspection, submittals, change notices, evaluation and coordination of sub-contractor’s payment and closeout of work scope.
- Provide remote administrative support for various projects nationwide, as needed.
Interested and qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and a resume.
Procon offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. Procon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.