Senior Backend Engineer, Nft Platform
Posted on 4/5/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
- 5+ years backend development experience with multiple parts of the backend stack, from databases to networking to efficient computing. We develop with Go, Python, Postgres, Redis, Thrift, GraphQL and deploy to Docker/k8s on AWS
- Ability to design and implement complex distributed systems operating under high load. Experience developing customer-facing public applications is preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with crypto / NFTs / Go is not required! All of us learned along the way, and so can you
- Design, build and ship backend services for millions of users to create, buy, sell and use NFT-backed digital goods
- Move fast while balancing quality. We can't afford extensive processes, and we also can't afford show-stopping bugs. We need people who can balance speed with quality while quickly building brand-new products
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future. Don't just come along for the ride
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.