Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
Complementing our dental AI review services, Overjet provides licensed dental claims review for insurers through our nationwide network of dental consultants. These highly trained consultants review insurance claims based on medical necessity and eligibility, process claim appeals, and confer with providers. Your claims review work will utilize Overjet’s industry-leading dental AI technology to support your decision making. Please note that this is a 1099 position.
We are looking for individuals with active (or inactive with willingness to reactivate) licensure in MISSISSIPPI STATE. We are looking for those we can commit a minimum of 20 hours per week to this opportunity.
- Authorize or deny predeterminations and claims by reviewing radiographs and/or other supporting documentation, in accordance with member plan benefits and with support from Overjet’s dental AI technology
- Evaluate appeals, request additional information, make revised claim decisions and make further recommendations
- Communicate claim review outcomes to participating Dentists and plan members
- Participate in training and calibration sessions and provide regular feedback to improve productivity and accuracy of claims review
- Graduate of an accredited Dental School (D.D.S. or D.M.D)
- Minimum 10 years clinical experience
- Minimum 2+ years of prior dental claims review experience
- Unencumbered dental license
- Knowledge of CDT codes and procedures
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in remote communications (Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.