Engineering Manager, Backend (Compute)
Posted on 3/11/2022
Remote in USA
- Communication with empathy and compassion that builds trust
- Extensive experience developing cloud-based services using Python, JVM-Based languages and AWS infrastructure
- In-depth, hands-on experience building, scaling and operating platforms for containerized workloads, including cluster provisioning and workflow orchestration, ideally Kubernetes
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools and how to support and operate critical production-grade systems
- Lead inclusive teams, mentoring engineers and technical leads, and applying practices that help teams grow
- Develop strong product and architectural vision and collaborate, communicate, and influence the company's engineering culture
- Work with dozens of customers across the engineering organization to build long term roadmaps and an ecosystem of user-friendly tools that will enable the rest of Affirm engineering
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.