Senior Backend Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company's strategy
- Experience with distributed systems
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you
- Customer focused and self-directed with a bias towards action
- Building new and more powerful moderation tools that better meet the needs of our moderators
- Rebuilding and scaling pre-existing moderation tools to serve a billion users and a million moderators
- Working with other moderator teams to ensure individual projects are greater than the sum of their pieces
- Ensuring the moderator tools we build work for all types of communities and don't leave historically marginalized communities behind
- Proficiency in Go is a plus
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.