Senior Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 4/7/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- We move fast. We have a lot to do and are looking for folks who will drive projects to completion with a sense of urgency, but not at the expense of quality, scalability and performance
- We think about scale. The trading card market is large and we will be the de facto entry point into the hobby
- We're pragmatic. We embrace new technologies, but not just for the sake of it. We like server-rendered HTML, using a PaaS for deployments, and writing enough tests to give us confidence but not striving for code coverage numbers just for the sake of it
- We are product-focused. We're building products that will reach millions and always tie our work back to how it will add value for our users
- We are building a multi-product ecosystem - live auctions, real time buying, streaming and more - and are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to lead efforts in building greenfield products and setting the technical foundations for future work
- Principal engineers at Fanatics Collectibles own large systems and projects, coordinate and communicate with teams and leads from across the organization and instigate design discussions to facilitate engineering-wide learning. Furthermore, they are experts in our technology stack and facilitate our most impactful architecture decisions. Principals are experts in software design and have experience deploying patterns and technology to solve a multitude of problems at scale. This isn't a pure architect role - Principals at Collectibles work across the entire development lifecycle, including implementation, maintenance and testing
- You are an authority in multiple technical disciplines, languages, frameworks and systems
- You demonstrate a unique and extraordinarily effective problem solving perspective and approach
- You're constantly thinking about how your work and experience can help make other engineers and teams more productive
- You are capable of developing entirely new implementations of industry solutions: data structures, frameworks, libraries, services, etc
- 12+ years of software engineering experience
- You are an expert in (or have some experience with) Elixir, Phoenix and LiveView
Retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise
Fanatics mission is to facilitate sports community through apparel. The company is one of the largest retailers of officially licensed sports merchandise.
- Work Life Balance - At Fanatics we place our focus on results and empowerment and encourage you to enjoy your time on and OFF the field with our competitive time off policies.
- Recognition and Rewards Program - Fanatics values our internal fans too! Our programs are designed to thank and reward Fanatics athletes for their hard work and commitment to winning as a team.
- Company Sponsored Events - From breakfast to happy hour and every hour in between – Fanatics employees can enjoy time together at one of our many company events.
- Fanatics.com Employee Discount - As an employee you will receive a special discount on all of your favorite sports merchandise and memorabilia.
- Give Back - Fanatics cares about the fans around us. We encourage you to partner up with your teammates in giving back and serving the communities where we work and play.
- Meet & Greets - You never know who will show up to the office. You might just meet one of your all-time favorite athletes.
- Invest in You - Here at Fanatics we want you to accomplish your goals. We offer tuition reimbursement.
- Healthy Lifestyle - Fanatics cares about helping and supporting our teams in their busy lifestyles. Through wellness relationships with fitness and weight management partners we are here to support you in whatever your lifestyle goals.
- Wellness Coverage - Your health is important to you – and it’s important to us too! We offer a number of benefit plan options for convenience and flexibility.
- Financial Security - Through our plans, Fanatics offers you a way to budget for health care expenses that you’d typically pay for out of pocket.
- Retirement - The sooner you begin planning for your retirement, the better. Fanatics offers generous plans to help you prepare for the future.
- Network of Support - Fanatics understands that sometimes you may need someone in your corner. Through the Life Assistance Program, you and your family have access to support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Fanatics Family First - Afterall we are #OneFanatics. Put your family first with our paid maternity and paternity leave program, or take advantage of our infertility treatment reimbursement program to get the support you need while you try to grow your family.
- IDEA - We invite you to join one of our Employee Resource groups, or celebrate and honor what’s most important to you through our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality & Advocacy) floating holiday. We recognize diversity helps foster innovation, and people perform better when they can be themselves. Gender Affirmation Treatment reimbursement is available to employees.
- By Fans, For Fans - By Fans = Bringing passion and pride to the work we do; For Fans = Exceeding fan expectations
- One Fanatics... Win As A Team - Our combined efforts; growing and succeeding together; WE before ME
- Missionary, Not Mercenary - At Fanatics, working here is more than a paycheck, it’s doing what you love everyday
- Innovative Products and Fan Experiences - Offering fans unique products and ultimate experiences – there is no one else doing what we do, better than we do it
- Execution and Agility... Over Talk - Quickly adapting and delivering our best in a fast-paced, high growth environment while maintaining humility