Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA, CA, USA
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgment and discretion in your decision-making
- A deeply empathetic listener who people naturally trust and seek out for help or another perspective
- Someone who inherently believes in the potential within people, but also recognizes problems and doesn't shy away from 'tough love' messages to help them grow and succeed
- Collaborative and build trust-based relationships with executives, leaders and employees
- A clear and effective communicator in both conversation and written word
- Adept at recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues; using judgment that is consistent with Blue Bottle culture as well as standards, practices, and/or employment law
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize while not letting anything drop
- Comfortable with ambiguity, rapidly changing environments, and building from scratch
- 5+ years experience as an HR generalist or Business Partner, ideally in consumer retail, food/beverage and/or production facilities
- Strong grasp of US and state-specific risk, safety, labor/employment law and practices, especially related to non-exempt workforce
- Broad familiarity with general HR disciplines and best practices (i.e., recruiting, training, compensation/benefits, OD) and ability to apply practices with judgment to state specific situations
- Specific experience with employee relations and navigating difficult situations and conversations
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision making skills and a bias to action
- Last but not least, a deep love for great coffee, food, and exceptional customer experience
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning
- This role requires travel up to 30% in our Southern California cafes. Additional walking, stooping, sitting, and mobility may be required. Exposure to outside environmental elements may be experienced due to travel through airports, airplanes, and in between facilities
- Act as the first point of contact for the People team for employees and leaders
- Support our leaders in decision-making and solving thorny employee problems and situations; doing right both by the company and the people
- Support knowledge of market trends and partner with recruiting to implement hiring strategies that attract and retain top talent
- Deliver appropriate coaching and developmental feedback to our leaders and team members
- Find ways to make every aspect of the employee lifecycle a delightful and hospitable experience, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between
- Contribute to the development of People programs and processes such as succession planning, learning and development, recognition programs, etc
- Evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of HR processes, systems and policies
- Maintain regulatory and compliance practices in areas of support
- Advise and support managers on specific company policy and procedure questions
- Facilitate foundational HR trainings and 1:1 coaching where appropriate
- Establish regular connection points with leaders and teams; remains visible and open
- Partner, investigate and resolve employee relations matters and investigations including workplace conflicts or allegations of policy and/or legal violations; work to ensure issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Draft, review, and update Employee Relations and People related communications
- Protect and maintain confidences with discretion, judgment, and professionalism
Coffee roaster and retailer platform.
At Blue Bottle, their mission is to connect the world to delicious coffee.
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees on day one
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Welcome everyone - People come first. Without hospitality, we cannot exist. We create spaces where people belong. Everyone has a place at the table: Guests, team members, and suppliers.
- Raise the bar - From seed to cup, we set the standard in everything we do—and drive constantly to do it better. We are self-starters who think creatively to solve complex problems, recognize our mistakes, and learn from failures.
- Build for Tomorrow - We think long-term. We’re savvy with our resources, saving where we can to invest in what matters: A sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet.
- Simplify - Just as our cafes eliminate barriers between guests and delicious coffee, we remove obstacles in our work. We stay nimble, communicate clearly, and show a bias towards action.
- Grow Together - Like coffee needs water, we need one another to bloom. Collaboration takes work, so we practice it like a craft. We listen carefully, share feedback openly and honestly, remain transparent, and inspire each other with kindness and humor.