Staff – Advanced Analytics
Posted on 4/13/2023
- Experience in a Product Analytics or Data Science role
- Expert communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience partnering with product teams to drive action and providing expertise and direction on analytics, data science, experimental design, and measurement
- Experience in analysis of A|B experiments and statistical data analysis
- Experience designing and building metrics, from conception to building prototypes with data pipelines
- Strong knowledge in at least one programming language (Python or R) and in SQL
- Ability to drive data strategies, with a central source of truth to impact business decisions
- Developing a deep understanding of how guests and hosts interact with our product through structured and unstructured data sources
- Work closely with Product Managers to design, execute and evaluate A/B tests. Understanding common pitfalls and caveats when designing and evaluating results
- Define how to best measure the performance of Airbnb product and business through new metrics and dimensions - align on definitions with the business (evaluating tradeoffs and defining guardrails), and prototype metrics through custom data pipelines
- Empower the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets and dashboards. Collaborate with Product Engineering to spec out logging and with Analytics Engineering to build data tools for mass consumptions within Airbnb
- Contribute towards advancing the Analytics and Data Science disciplines at Airbnb, including driving data best practices such as improving and automating analytical processes, building new data tools and data sets, data education around the company and mentoring and developing others
- 8+ years in industry experience and a degree (Masters or PhD is a plus) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research)
Online marketplace for people to list, discover, and book accommodations
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere and we are focused on creating an end-to-end travel platform that will handle every part of your trip. The company is building a worldwide timeshare marketplace.
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid volunteer time
- Healthy food and snacks
- Generous parental and family leave
- Learning and development
- Annual travel and experiences credit
Company Core Values
- Champion the Mission: We’re united with our community to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Be a Host: We’re caring, open, and encouraging to everyone we work with.
- Embrace the Adventure: We’re driven by curiosity, optimism, and the belief that every person can grow.
- Be a Cereal Entrepreneur: We’re determined and creative in transforming our bold ambitions into reality.