Experienced Physical Design Engineer
Posted on 4/18/2022
Austin, TX, USA • Hillsboro, OR, USA • Phoenix, AZ, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Problem Solving skills
- Written/verbal communication skills
- In this position you will gain invaluable experience that will allow growth and expanded opportunities across Intel
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 0 years of related work experience
- 4+ years in physical design execution
- ASIC Implementation, APR, Place and Route, Clocking, Clock Tree Synthesis and/or VLSI CAD Tools
- Static Timing Analysis and/or set up and hold timing analysis
- Minimum of 3+ months experience in:
- Programming (TCL, Perl and/or Python)
- Creates bottoms up elements of chip design including but not limited to cell, and block-level floor plans, abstract view generation, extraction and schematic to layout verification and debug using phases of physical design development including parasitic extraction, static timing, wire load models, clock generation, customer polygon editing, auto-place and route algorithms, floor planning, full-chip assembly, packaging, and verification
- Troubleshoots a wide variety up to and including difficult design issues and applied proactive intervention
- Schedules, staffs, executes, and verifies complex chips development and execution of project methodologies and/or flow developments
- Requires some exposure and practical application of methodologies and physical design
- RTL design
- Verilog design/coding
Computer chip manufacturer
Intel's mission is to create world-changing technology that improves the life of every person on the planet. The company is the world's largest manufacturer by revenue of semiconductor chips for computing.
- We Invest in Your Life and Career: Intel offers a complete and competitive package of benefits1 that demonstrates how much we care for employees and their families through every stage of life.
- Great Minds Deserve Great Rewards: We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs.
- Intel Fuels Career Acceleration: Curiosity drives us to change the world. We provide employees opportunities to expand their knowledge, leadership abilities, and skill set.
- Vacation, Holidays, and More: We offer opportunities for employees to refresh and recharge—from paid vacation time and holidays to flexible time off programs.
- Health Benefits for the Whole You: We provide multiple benefits and resources to help employees take care of themselves and their families.
- Customer First
- Fearless Innovation
- Results Driven
- One Intel
- Quality and Integrity