Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on 3/15/2023
Toronto, ON, Canada
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 5+ years' work experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or a similar role
- Excellent understanding of machine learning frameworks (Keras/Tensorflow/PyTorch etc.) and libraries (SciKit-learn, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Familiar with object-oriented design methodology and application development in Python
- Familiar with Big Data related technologies to manage large volumes of complex data (SQL, Pyspark)
- Think outside of the box. Willing to have both hard works and have fun
- Ability to work in a team and highly collaborative
- Working experience in fraud risk is plus
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Design, build, evaluate and defend machine learning models to detect various types of fraud, with a focus on protecting our members
- Collaborate with business partners to deploy models and create and deploy strategies utilizing model results
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and measure model and strategy impact
- Perform full cycle model design and development which includes, but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
- Lead development of predictive modeling projects using data mining techniques for estimating current and future member engagement, operational performance, or other business outcomes
- Link Analysis/Graph analytics to find and mitigate deeply-connected fraud networks and detect new accounts being added to these networks
- Unsupervised learning methods to augment existing supervised models, or detect portfolio anomalies
- Knowledge of Scala language is a plus
Paytm Labs began as a research and development division of Paytm. They pride themselves in building products and services that enrich and empower people's lives daily. They believe that culture is a product of everyday behaviours that are celebrated and amplified.
- Health & Wellbeing - Your group health benefits are 100% funded by us, and start on your first day.
- Travel the World - Even though we are currently working remotely, usually our employees make frequent international business-related trips while working on exciting projects.
- Continuous Learning - We're passionate about learning and strive to constantly improve and innovate. We learn from others, our challenges & our successes.
- Connection - In this virtual world, we stay connected through events like game nights, movie nights, arts & crafts sessions (like Origami), meditation sessions, and much more.
- Autonomy & Flexibility - You get to define how you want to make an impact. We truly believe that great things happen when people are given the trust and freedom to create their own path.
- Beautiful Office - Whenever we return back to the office, you’ll get to check out our awesome workspace, complete with pool and ping pong tables, a snack-filled kitchen, and tons of cozy work spaces.
Company Core Values
- Intent Overrides Ability
- The Power of Asking, ‘Why?’
- We Before Me
- Do Great Things, Fast