Technical Program Manager
Posted on 5/11/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor of Science (or similar) degree in a technical discipline
- Program/project management or leadership experience in a similar field (e.g. aerospace, robotics, high reliability electronics)
- Previous hands on engineering experience
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external facing
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, overcome obstacles with creative solutions, and clearly document/communicate tactical plans
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Assist in programatics from concept to completion for projects dealing with internal R&D
- Maintain program schedule to inform resource allocation necessary for program success
- Run risk management process for projects including encouraging generation of risk documentation when needed, tracking of burndown plans, and approval of risk closure
- Deliver a final product meeting program requirements by tracking key measurables like cost and mass
- Drive periodic internal program reviews including trending schedule, risk, and key program requirements
- Act as primary customer interface for external facing projects including periodic status requirements and leading design review efforts
- Consult with Astranis technical leadership and Astranis advisors for major technical decisions and trades
- Drive the development and improvement of process as necessary to achieve a scalable culture of program success
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Space system experience
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Jira, and Confluence
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.