Kinship and Science & Diagnostics are divisions of Mars Petcare—and are dedicated to one purpose: creating A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programs in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare, our 100,000 Petcare Associates help pets in more than 130 countries.
Performance Marketing Specialist (6 month Contract)
Kinship is a platform of brands building the future of pet care, combining insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be:
- Adopt a Pet the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- VetInsight our expert-driven, on-demand pet health platform
- The Wildest the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend a marketplace for all your pet’s people, connecting pet owners with their people, from groomers, trainers, to veterinarians and experts
- PetExec is here to help organizations of all sizes in managing their daycare, boarding, grooming, and training operations
Together, these teams work to set new standards in pet care.
This is a limited duration contract of 5-6 months
The role will be part of Kinship’s Growth team; a group of savvy and millennial-focused marketers relentlessly focused on helping as many pet parents as possible do it like total pros. The group is hyper focused on achieving our growth goals while maintaining cost efficiency and relentless focus on our target consumer.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
- Support paid media campaign planning, strategy, and optimization across channels (Paid Social, Paid Search, Display)
- Facilitate creative needs for paid media with both internal and external creative teams.
- Support management of affiliate and referral channels through external vendors.
- Report on performance, analyze data, extract key insights, and provide recommendations to optimize paid media channels.
- Support marketing initiatives in partnership with the growth marketing and brand teams.
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- 3+ years of experience in online advertising or e-commerce
- Experience with paid search, paid social, display advertising, marketing partnerships, affiliates
- Experience in a metrics-driven culture, with a heavy focus on driving measured results (sales, conversions, clicks, CPC, CPA, etc.)
- Experience working with a media agency a plus
- Understanding of attribution theory and media mix modeling
- Highly analytical with proven ability to think strategically and draw conclusions to determine strategies based on data.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience manipulating data with Excel and Google Sheets
- Able to function independently and solve problems creatively and quickly in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/BA degree
The hourly rate for this role ranges from $35-$40.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Opportunities to impact and grow the business on a day to day basis
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for Full-Time Employees and their families
- Unlimited paid time off for Full-Time Employees
- Hybrid work environment
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby) for Full-Time Employees (adhering to our policy)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet leaders across our divisions
Kinship is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Kinship does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Kinship and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Kinship will be deemed the sole property of Kinship and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Kinship.