Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working on a full stack team (React and Java) to develop web apps that support AI enabled solutions. You will contribute to and help guide your team to deliver products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to enhance business efficiency, from detecting fraudulent behaviors to spotting insider threats. You will play a key role on the team in providing guidance on development best practices, architecture, design patterns, and related technologies as they pertain to the frontend. Working with product management and architects, you will also help define and drive the vision for the team’s product initiatives.
This role will also have opportunities for advancement into a team lead role where you will take on technical ownership of projects and lead a team of developers in the delivery of features.
- Design and implement fully-interactive, single-page style web applications
- Produce design artifacts and spikes and provide architectural guidance relating to features being worked on
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Collaborate with testers in development of tests cases
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team to help translate mock-ups into functioning web applications that are accessible and responsive with exceptional usability
- Work with Product Management on user story generation and refinement
- Participate in design reviews, sprint planning, and other Agile artifacts
- Guide the team on coding best practices, architecture, design patterns, and related technologies
- Experience working on and delivering enterprise grade software in an Agile environment, specifically web applications utilizing web service APIs
- Minimum 2 years of React.js development experience
- Strong knowledge of HTML 5, CSS 3 and related web technologies like Sass/Less, AJAX and JSON
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices in writing code, design, and architecture, especially with frontend development
- Experience writing functional tests using web testing frameworks
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Experience with any of the following is considered an asset:
- Web service API development
- Java, C#, Python, C++
- Micro Frontends
- Selenium, Playwright
- Unit testing with Mocha or Jasmine/Jest
- Continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Containerization technologies like Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.