IPAM System Administrator
Posted on 11/2/2022
Alexandria, VA, USA
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems
- Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software such as Service Now
- Knowledge of IC IT standards and best practices
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with deploying, operating and maintaining IP Address Management systems utilizing the InfoBlox appliance for DNS, DHCP and NTP services.]
- Experience with DNS service and functionality in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with subnetting
- Familiarity with DHCP services to include creating and managing scopes, verifying scope options are consistent, and troubleshooting IP address reservation failures in a multi-site enterprise environment
- Experience with troubleshooting NTP sync issues between local and higher tier remote NTP sources
- Experience with performing daily health checks on the service, validating zone transfers are working properly, and ensure communications with the IC Root devices are reliable
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Time management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively individually and within a team, to work toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems
- Deploy, operate and maintain systems supporting multiple organizations as well as maintain the IP Address Management (IPAM) database on all systems on the customer's networks, to include production and lab environments
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements
- Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
- Develop solutions to technical issues
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives
- Support customer requirements and remediation
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 IT Operations Center personnel
- InfoBlox certification
- ITIL Foundation certification
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.