Data Processing Intern
Posted on 3/12/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Enjoys working with data and numbers
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Internally motivated self-starter who continuously strives to learn and get things done
- A team player, able to collaborate and work independently
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met
- High attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong interest in entertainment and technology industries
- Excellent computer and typing skills, including high proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in Mathematics, Statistics, Social Science, Computer Science, Data Science or other discipline applying quantitative methods
- Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the US. Graduates may qualify if they have finished school within six months of the start of the internship
- Nice to have experience:
- Zoom, Teams, Skype and similar applications
- SPSS, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey and similar applications
- Survey research
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in data processing?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
- Assessment (if you move forward in the hiring process)
- Start Date: June 6, 2022
- Commitment: 12 weeks
- Advance DP objectives with new software roll out
- Research and present findings to Data Processing team leaders
- Collaborate with Data Processing team leaders on presentations
- Introduce / Train methods and techniques of new software virtually
- Attend regular team meetings and share opinions on
- Systems and processes
- Support Data Processing department in daily operations
- Tabulation project set up
- Significance testing
- Quality control reviews
- Potential career training opportunities where interns will learn about various lines of the business such as our Client Services and our Research Operations teams including but not limited to Data Processing, Marketing Sciences and Design
Data driven insights and strategic consultation
National Research Group's mission is to provide insights through well-designed research that leads to creative strategies to create stronger connections with customers. They synthesize disparate data into memorable, easy to understand and actionable narratives that empower clients to make informed decisions.
- Excellence - Excellence is an unrelenting curiosity to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of content, culture and technology. The drive for preeminence touches every part of everything that we do.
- Innovation - From our approach to problem solving, to the cutting-edge solutions we’re known for, we’re catalysts of industry disruption. Innovation is in our DNA.
- Collaboration - We work collectively as a team across disciplines, learning from and inspiring each other through collaboration. The best insights stem from diverse perspectives and deep dialogue.
- Enthusiasm - We play at the intersection of creativity and science, with passion and rigor. Enthusiasm for what we do propels us to apply fresh thinking to big challenges.
- Grit - Grit and confidence in our way of thinking enables us to stay ahead of fast-changing industries. We stand by the things that matter most and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to realize the best results.