Senior Product Manager
Posted on 2/11/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Having perspective: As a senior product manager, you need to know not only what must happen in the moment, but also anticipate what should happen in the future. This will allow you to formulate a clear plan of action for your project. Specifically, as a product leader, people will look to you as a clarifying voice. What you say matters. You need to listen, but ultimately have a point of view that is clearly articulated
- Being able to negotiate: When issues arise, your role as a Sr PM will entail convincing different parties to see the situation through each other's eyes. It will be helpful to understand both positional negotiation, which is holding to and only arguing for a fixed position, and interest-based negotiation, in which parties collaborate to reach a mutually beneficial decision. These negotiation skills are necessary for effectively leading your team towards success and resolving any conflicts that may stand in the way
- Communicating: Know your audience and vary your style based on it. You are able to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills to understand product architectures to participate in critical discussions
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills, and drive for results
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MS degree or MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience in product management and/or similar engineering roles
- Experience with SOAR or automation via APIs across vendors and environments
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders
- Cyber security experience preferred
- Ability to work across multiple functions - including Communications, PR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Success
- Experience running security services
- Deep understanding of enterprise IT environments, networks, and how they integrate with other products
- Lead exabeam's outbound integration with 3rd party SOAR and automation tools
- Own and execute the product development process from inception to product delivery with peer PMs
- Create and execute a cross-functional automation strategy to access new markets
- Build outstanding relationships with sales and SE leadership to empower the field and collect valuable feedback from customers
- Partner with engineering and support teams to create and automate third party integrations
Exabeam's mission is to light the way and unleash security teams and organizations by removing the obstacles of outdated tech, rigid mindsets, and talent shortages to make security success the norm.
- Competitive health packages to keep you in tip-top shape
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k)
- Parental leave
- Wellness and education
- Flexible vacation
Company Core Values
- Deliver the Exceptional - Whether it’s for a customer or fellow team member, we want to make a real impact and create a memorable, valuable experience.
- Work Together, Win Together - A team mentality enables efficiency, productivity, and responsiveness—enabling our team, partners, and customers to rely on each other for success.
- Engage with Confidence - We’ve created an environment that encourages confidence and nurtures our team’s potential, resulting in a symbiotic relationship with partners and customers.
- Do What’s Right - We want the relationships across our team, customers, and partners to be based on trust—helping deliver the right action at the right time.
- Communicate Openly - It’s critical for our team and customers to interact comfortably and know they’re an integral part of the process.