Engineering Manager, Games
Posted on 6/16/2022
New York, NY, USA
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about what you do and rely on that to motivate members of your team
- You use strong listening skills and open-ended questions as tools to coach your engineers
- You advocate and facilitate continuous improvement and learning
- You have experience managing web or mobile engineering teams
- You can adapt and handle multiple competing priorities
- You understand the core technologies and engineering challenges facing web and native app development
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- This role may be based in NYC or remote in certain US states
The New York Times' mission is to seek the truth and help people understand the world.
- Independence: Over a hundred years ago, The Times pledged “to give the news impartially, without fear or favor, regardless of party, sect, or interests involved.”
- Integrity: The trust of our readers is essential. We renew that trust every day through the actions and judgment of all our employees — in our journalism, in our workplace and in public.
- Curiosity: Open-minded inquiry is at the heart of our mission. In all our work, we believe in continually asking questions, seeking out different perspectives and searching for better ways of doing things.
- Respect: We help a global audience understand a vast and diverse world. To do that fully and fairly, we treat our subjects, our readers and each other with empathy and respect.
- Collaboration: It takes creativity and expertise from people in every part of the company to fulfill our mission. We are at our best when we work together and support each other.
- Excellence: We aim to set the standard in everything we do. The pursuit of excellence takes different forms, but in every context, we strive to deliver the very best.