Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the role
You will support the brand team’s strategic communications priorities, including integrated marketing, go-to-market execution, and omni-channel measurement and testing. We are seeking a marketer who is motivated by finding creative solutions to complex problems—a low-ego teammate with exceptional project management skills, an interest in cross-functional relationship-building, a bias for action, and a no-task-too-small mentality. Ideally you have experience working with data and analytical tools (i.e. IRI, Looker), and are hungry to learn about marketing and communications.
This is by nature a high-visibility role with lots of executive exposure. You will make recommendations directly to the GM on marketing and investment strategy, and will support the Sr. Manager, Go-To-Market, in planning and execution of highly effective, innovative digital and traditional media-led campaigns and activations. You will also support cross-functional teams in planning and optimizing initiatives that impact Brand KPIs.
What you will accomplish
- Develop a robust understanding of 1) our target consumer, their mindset, and their motivations, 2) the competitive landscape, and 3) our business across all the “P’s:” product, positioning, pack, promotion, place, and price. You’ll champion commercial solutions for the consumer across all “P’s.”
- Interrogate data to identify the opportunity and measure the success of commercial innovation and marketing initiatives.
- Execute key initiatives from our integrated marketing plan through exceptional project management with cross functional teams. Initiatives will range from activations to promotions to sampling.
- Source, analyze, negotiate, and implement marketing proposals from both external partners and internal cross-functional teams to drive expected results.
- Project manage development of go-to-market assets across paid, owned, and earned channels.
- Drive deck creation for major brand initiatives including but not limited to Annual Brand Planning, Long Range Innovation Planning, and internal innovation and portolio reviews.
- Analyze initiative performance using the suite of measurement tools at our disposal; assess findings on the short-term and long-term impact to inform direct future campaign planning.
- Ensure continuity across the marketing funnel by acting as an input for cross-functional teams and external partners, keeping what’s best for our consumers in mind.
This should describe you
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have 1-3 years of experience, ideally with some experience in data analysis and project management
- You’re very organized and have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize, multi-task, and live in the details.
- You’re endlessly curious and enjoy digging into data to develop the ability to think deeply about consumers and what motivates them. You’re adept at storytelling with data, especially in slide formats.
- You’re compassionate and collaborative, and draw energy from working with people of all different expertises.
- You’re a self-starter with a bias for action who always takes the initiative to explore.
- You’re confident enough to stand behind your opinions, but humble enough to disagree and commit when necessary.
- You believe that resonant and relevant brands can drive business growth, and you love when brands do good things in the world.
Here’s who you’ll work with
- Reporting to the Base Business Lead
- Working on the Base Business Brand Management Team
- You’ll work closely with the Senior Manager, Base Business Go-To-Market
- You’ll work with Insights, Creative, Comms, Growth Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Retail, DTC, Engagement, Legal, R&D, Design, Sourcing, Analytics, and more.
About the team
The Harry’s Base Business team is dedicated to building a men’s grooming brand that puts the customer at the core of everything we do: understanding the needs and motivations of our shoppers is critical to ensure what we’re building resonates powerfully with our target.
We are a highly strategic function and think through the implications of marketing activity across channels and surfaces with our consumer and brand goals in mind. We interface and communicate with multiple areas of the business including Growth Marketing, Engagement, Comms, Shopper Marketing, and Creative and Design (and many more).
At Harry’s we’re small but incredibly ambitious, and we’ve got big plans for the future. Cracking the men’s grooming market is a big job, and we are looking for someone who is up for the challenge.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.