Engineering Manager, Machine Learning, Montreal
Posted on 7/9/2022
Montreal, QC, Canada
- 2+ years as an engineering manager or team lead
- 2+ years experience working on a Machine Learning product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion to devise solutions that require a focus on systems thinking
- Demonstrated ability to gather, organize, and synthesize significant and diverse information
- Strong desire to master the product that you create, and to understand the customer that uses the product
- Ability to manage and execute projects through cross-functional collaboration and organizational influence
- Minimum of a MA/MS or equivalent industry experience in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Identify and facilitate delivery of multi-team projects on clear timelines
- Increase the team's effectiveness by hiring great engineers and onboarding them efficiently
- Identify and proactively resolve personnel crises before they occur
- Give constructive, effective technical and organizational feedback on work product and communication
- Work with Product to prioritize infrastructure improvements and technical debt against business requirements
- Work with the team to identify areas of strategic technical debt and arrive at cost/benefit analyses for their elimination
- Create and maintain a motivating and collaborative work environment
Language translation as a service
Lilt’s mission is to make the world's information accessible to everyone regardless of where they were born or which language they speak. Their technology is built on recent advances in AI, machine learning, and natural language processing - augmenting, rather than replacing, skilled human translators.
- Full Healthcare - Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) Matching - We even match a portion of your contributions to help you save for your retirement
- Competitive Compensation - We offer top market compensation programs, equity and salary, that grow alongside your impact.
- Flexible Time Off - Take the time you need to rest, recharge, and rejuvenate.
- Professional Development Budget - Every team has a budget for professional development
- International Off-Site - When it's safe to do so, we can't wait to have our global teams reconnect in person
- We treat our translators better - We treat our translators well, paying them hourly and engaging them in our collaborative translator community.
- We empower humans with technology - We equip our team with tools we built specifically to help them maximize quality and efficiency.
- We are constantly innovating - We design and build technology in-house to solve the world's most pressing language problems.
- We believe in collaborative partnership - Our customers' goals are our goals, and we work closely with our customers to achieve those goals.