Senior Product Designer
Posted on 11/22/2022
Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years experience in product design, including experience building and evolving an effective design system
- Familiarity of platform conventions for responsive Web as well as iOS and Android
- Expertise in foundational design principles, best practices and atomic design concepts
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A strong emphasis on collaboration and feedback as a driver of success in their product design process
- Expert Figma user who can teach and train product designers on best practices
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working in a tech startup or agency environment with fast growth and pace of change
- Passion for working on a product dedicated to reimagining women's and family healthcare
- Champion a strategy for Design Systems at Maven and maintain a roadmap of Design System components with accessibility and location in mind
- Design and build reusable, interactive components and variants in Figma with immaculate attention to detail
- Partner with engineering to develop, test, and deliver new components and patterns
- Pair with product design team members to review proposed components and patterns, receive feedback, and iterate
- Work with product design and engineering to identify which components and patterns are most in need and prioritize them accordingly
- Help other product designers identify when elements of their work should become a new, reusable component of our larger system or remain local and specific to their use cases
- Define design principles for the new design language to share across the design org. Write documentation to describe the usage and best practices of the components and patterns you design
- Manage the component library in Figma, ensuring that the library is aligned with development releases and continually update the design team of changes
- Continually drive focus and organization on the design and engineering teams for the betterment and maturity of our design system
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills, with expert command of visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, and brand systems. Experience with brand redesigns is a plus
Maven Clinic's mission is to change the health of the world — one woman, one family at a time. They believe by improving care for women and families, they can build a more equitable healthcare system and a better world for all.
- Unlimited paid time off
- 14 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work plan
- Market-based compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision plans (100% covered options)
- Free membership with One Medical
- Free access to Maven, with credits for friends and family
- 401(k) match
- Paid month-long sabbatical after 5 years
Company Core Values
- Keep healthcare human - Meet people where they are with empathy and compassion.
- Walk through walls - Think big, set ambitious goals, and relentlessly pursue impact.
- Embrace a service mindset - Go the extra mile in support of our members, providers, clients, and each other.
- Lead with data - Follow the numbers to make good decisions, iterate, and track outcomes.
- Continuously learn, including about ourselves - Be humble and seek diverse perspectives.
- Move fast—better care can't wait - Demonstrate urgency to make an impact on behalf of families everywhere.