Public-Goods-Funding Software Engineer
Posted on 4/20/2022
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience building internal or external full-stack applications with high ownership across the product from proposal to launch (e.g., docs, support, metrics)
- Experience with developer tooling projects
- Background in an agency or consultancy environment with diverse project types
- A proven track record of independently driving technical projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight or guidance
- Adept at starting new software projects interacting with complex systems single-handedly, if necessary
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Be an early engineer and “go-to” contributor of the growing public-goods funding team
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including research, product, and operations
- Work with team to evaluate the technical feasibility of funding mechanisms and associated internal measurement / analysis tools
- Design and prototype multiple tools and implementations of funding mechanisms to distribute significant amounts of funding to the Protocol Labs ecosystem
- Design, prototype and implement small scale user-facing web tooling and platforms
- Develop prototypes into production-ready implementations
- Collaborate with ecosystem and external teams exploring new and out-of-the-box approaches to designing and implementing next-gen funding mechanisms
- Gain high-level exposure across the PL stack (IPFS, Filecoin, LibP2P, etc.)
- Help build a team, mentoring, leading, and developing more junior engineers as the team grows
- Work in a fully asynchronous and remote team
- Experience with and the desire to improve the funding systems for public goods
- Familiarity with Web3 technology and concepts (smart contracts, blockchain, P2P networking)
- Prior project or development experience in the Web3 ecosystem or prior experience in implementing funding mechanisms / operations
- Familiarity with Protocol Labs stack (IPFS, Filecoin, LibP2P) through project work or open-source contributions
- Technical familiarity with relevant flavors of economics (behavioral economics models, cryptoeconomic models, decentralized governance tooling)
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Company Core Values
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.