Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are building first-party games and user-generated content tools that allow our players to make their own games and spaces, and to sell their creations across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
We are looking for a PhD student to help us build the infrastructure that powers our ML solutions enabling us to bring amazing content and experiences to our players. These are paid, full-time & remote internships where you will be embedded on the Server team, with the goal of shipping features to Rec Room by the end of your Co-op or Internship.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program with a background/degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid engineering and coding skills with high level programming language (i.e. C#, Java, Python)
- Experience with user-facing machine learning solutions
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, and/or distributed systems
- To be eligible to participate in our internship/co-op program, you must be available for full-time work during our core hours (10:00am - 4:30pm Pacific Time).
- Interest in games or a closely-related field (school projects or small/indie games are great)
- Experience with large-scale machine learning solutions
- Ability and interest in converting to full time at the end of the internship
Company Info to Know
The base pay range for this position is $85,095.00 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.