Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. In your role as an HR Business Partner you play a critical role in fostering an employee experience that is caring, smart, and simple, empowering team members to drive impactful business outcomes. In your role you’ll work with our People and BP teams to provide coaching and support to Zocdoc’s managers, leaders, and employees. You’ll also play a key role in helping us continue to transform and improve our HRBP team, adding science and process that enables us to scale and improve the lives of our employees. By positively impacting employee satisfaction, retention, and career development, you’re empowering Zocdoc’rs to give power back to the patient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Resourceful and comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Highly structured, organized, and process oriented, but know how to be flexible
- Comfortable making tough decisions based upon policy, data, and experience
- A builder. We’re working to add science and process to our HRBP team and want you to be a part of the journey
- The kind of person who isn’t afraid to ask questions or admit they’re wrong
- An excellent communicator, both in written and verbal form
- Highly trustworthy. You handle informations with great discretion and diplomacy
- Team oriented and have an ownership mentality. You view your work as a reflection of your brand
- Autonomous, urgent, and creative. You genuinely believe your role can improve the lives of others
Your day to day is…
- Collaborating with managers and the people operations team around sensitive ER situations including: performance management, investigations, terminations, and employee exit interviews
- Creating strong relationships with employees, management, and leadership team via coaching and mentoring
- Providing coaching and guidance to our leaders around employee relations, and Zocdoc practices and policies
- Partnering with the broader people team on performance review cycles, talent assessments, compensation and internal mobility processes.
- Executing new processes and policies. Our goal is to create trust with partners, operate more efficiently and equitably, and help enable incredible business outcomes
- Proactively managing legal and compliance risks
- Identifying opportunities for improvement with cross functional stakeholders: People Operations, DEI action group, ERGs, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Office, and Legal
- Serving as a first point of contact for employee questions including but not limited to: company policy, employee relations, career trajectory, and learning and development
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years of HR experience with at least 2 years of HRBP experience (preferably in tech or start ups)
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP or the willingness to obtain a certification
- Strong detail orientation and an ownership mentality
- Demonstrated background in employee relations and employee investigations
- A compassionate but consultative, and confident approach with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Comfortable with excel, project management tools (jira for ex) and reporting and tracking
- Proven critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You are comfortable leveraging data to identify insights and trends
- Experience working with tech talent including, but not limited to: software engineering, product management, product design, data science, and IT support.
- Incredible discretion: you can be trusted to handle sensitive and confidential information
- A strong bias to action. You’re comfortable working autonomously and navigating ambiguity
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure
- An unrelenting desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. Base salary offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. Certain positions are also eligible for variable pay and/or equity; your recruiter will discuss the full compensation package details.
NYC Base Salary Range
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice