Remote in USA • Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
At Lightelligence, our team is developing cutting-edge technology at the forefront of photonic computing. With a culture of internal mobility, we offer opportunities to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
As a remote Senior Simulation Software Engineer, you will work with colleagues primarily in the UTC-5 (US east) timezone, where you will build reusable, flexible models to support our hardware–software codesign efforts. This includes network-traffic simulation along with functional, performance, and power simulation for high-performance computing applications that incorporate our photonics components.
What you’ll be doing at Lightelligence:
- Building reusable simulation models and tools in C, C++, and/or Python
- Participating in all phases of development, from requirement gathering to deployment
- Working closely with our photonics, hardware, and compiler teams to guide upcoming product development
If you meet 80% of the qualifications below, or you have other strengths that would benefit out team, we encourage you to apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., computer science, hardware) OR 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
- Strong programming skills with (C or C++) and Python
- Hands-on experience building hardware simulations
- Hands-on experience with source-control tools (e.g., git)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Availability for morning or evening meetings with our colleagues overseas
- NOTE: This position is not available for candidates who live near the Boston area. See our "onsite" job listing instead.
- Proficiency with simulation toolkits/languages like Imperas, Gem5, SystemC
- Proficiency with GitLab
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin
- Passion for modeling and codesigning novel opto-electronic accelerators
- Company subsidized health, vision, and dental benefits
- 3 weeks PTO and 1 week of paid sick leave
- 401 (k) with an employer contribution
- 10 Paid holidays
- A great place to work!
Lightelligence is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.