Posted on 11/2/2022
District Heights, MD, USA
- Requires paralegal certificate, or JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study, or an equivalent level of legal training or experience; or an equivalent level of education may be substituted
- At least 3 years of litigation paralegal experience or project experience is required
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support
- Must have supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys
- Sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems
- Hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and execution of all activities, review the work of Document Management Analysts, Paralegals, Senior Paralegals, and Law Clerk
- Oversee various litigation projects, including management of mandamus litigation, completion of visa petition appeals, and conducting research and compiling materials to support complex litigation and class actions
- Perform complex legal and factual research
- Trial experience
- Prior experience working in a Federal Government environment
- Current Public Trust or higher security clearance
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.