MBA Venture Associate
Posted on 9/19/2022
Seattle, WA, USA
- Open to first or second year MBA students
- 1+ year(s) relevant experience in a fast-paced environment with a focus on entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital, fundraising, and/or consulting
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Interest in Web3
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience with research tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Preference given to applicants based in the Seattle area
- Assisting the accelerator team with the sourcing and vetting of the next class of global startups for the 2023 Filecoin Techstars accelerator program. The Venture Associate will assist in researching, sourcing, coordinating interviews, and performing diligence on startups
- Working with the twelve startup companies in our 2022-23 class on their business development, go-to-market, and fundraising needs (including, but not limited to industry and competitive landscaping, lead identification and generation, fundraising decks, and financial modeling)
- Research startups and connectors in target geographies aligning with clearly defined accelerator goals
- Qualify startup leads and perform initial outreach, if requested by the founders
- Schedule interviews with qualified startups
- Perform diligence on startup financials, founders, etc
- Perform research for current program startup companies, including customer discovery, market research, etc
- Support companies with their GTM efforts
- Assist companies with their fundraising needs including, but not limited to, financial modeling, pitch deck preparation, research and analysis to support the fundraising process, and investor pipeline generation
Seed-stage startup accelerator
Techstars believes entrepreneurs can change the world, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere.
- We Always #GiveFirst - Offer support to others without an expectation of anything in return.
- Do What's Right for Founders - Always keep the interest of our core customer in mind: the entrepreneur.
- Quality Before Quantity - Focus on growth, but only if we scale the quality of the work.
- Network Over Hierarchy - Value remote decision making over centralized processes.