Senior Process Tech-Cell Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Chemistry, Chemical or Electrochemical Engineering or Materials Science, or Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering similar technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with pilot or mass production scale battery cell process equipment (e.g. mixers, coaters, calendars, slitters, stackers, notchers, tab welders, electrolyte fillers, cell sealers, and test tools)
- Broad yet detailed knowledge of cell manufacturing processes, key independent variables in these processes, how to measure them, and their potential impacts
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of lithium-ion battery materials
- A drive to answer the most relevant process and technology questions by measuring key properties in the most accurate and reproducible way
- A “safety-first” mindset and excellent laboratory housekeeping skills
- Passion for supporting others with compassion and humility
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Curiosity: demonstrate a level of interest that motivates skills growth
- Execution: demonstrate follow through as much as attention as problem solving
- Structured: utilize methodical frameworks and documentation to achieve goals harmoniously
- Be a core member of the Cell Engineering supporting multiple cell engineering programs concurrently. Contribute to process optimization and the development of industry leading manufacturing methods
- Execute DOEs on battery manufacturing processes (e.g. mixing, coating, calendaring, notching, welding, stacking, electrolyte fill, and cell assembly) with cross-functional engineers in pilot or factory manufacturing scale equipment. Be responsible for equipment setup, controllably varying process parameters, data collection, and archiving results
- Maintain equipment and measurement quality through established methods including reference sample checks, calibration, and preventative maintenance actions
- Develop training and methods to ensure factory safety
- Support multiple R&D, pilot, and factory scale manufacturing efforts concurrently in a dynamic collaborative team
- Consult with manufacturing engineers on validation tests, D/PFMEA, and new process development
- 5+ years of experience in a pilot-based development or manufacturing environment. Experience with lithium-ion battery-specific R&D is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team